My, my what a pleasant surprise!
During my most recent excursion to Whole Foods, I stumbled across one of my favorite fresh herbs, Lavender. Silently squeaking with excitement, I grabbed my unexpected treasure and high tailed it home dreaming of lavender lattes, lavender blueberry scones, lavender I-don’t’-even-know-what-yet …and so forth. But first- I will reward myself and my keen eye with a little drink! Now all I need is a little sunshine to go with it!
Serving Size: 1 drink. Multiply recipe when not drinking alone (as I currently am)
- 2oz Vodka
- 2oz Lavender Simple Syrup
- 1oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2oz club soda (or prosecco if you’re advanced)
- Handful of Ice
Lavender Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 3 or 4 sprigs of fresh lavender leaves
- Combine sugar, water and lavender in small pot.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Periodically stirring to prevent scorching let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Strain through fine mesh strainer to remove lavender sprigs.
- Set aside to cool.
- In Martini Shaker combine vodka, lemon juice, ice and simple syrup.
- Shake well and pour through strainer. Finish with effervesce of choice (club soda or prosecco, no judgment)
- Suggested to garnish with dried lavender sprig and lemon peel.