Packed with a rich umami punch, roasted eggplant with a ginger miso glaze is so easy to make and sure fire way to mix up the basic routine vegetable side items. I think this lends particularly well as an accompaniment to grilled steaks or salmon and rice.
Roasted Eggplant with Miso Ginger Glaze
- 2 medium size eggplants sliced into ½-in. rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place eggplant slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and brush both sides of each round with olive oil.
- Bake until tender, flipping halfway through, about 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk miso, grated ginger, sesame oil, honey, water, rice vinegar, and Sriracha in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to broil. Spread about 2 teaspoons of miso mixture on each eggplant round, and broil until fragrant and browned in spots, about 4 minutes
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and scallions.