This chocolatey, chewy sea salt caramel truffle filled cookies check all the right boxes for me! So rich and fudgy, with melted morsels of Tollhouse Sea Salt and Caramel Filled Baking Truffles. Perfect for literally any occasion that calls for a chocolate treat!
Guys, I cannot express how much I love these cookies!!
Nestle’s Tollhouse sent me an exclusive sneak peak sample of one of their new products, NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Sea Salt Caramel Filled Baking Truffles, and it took every ounce of strength I had to forge forward in using them for recipes and not sequestering myself in a locked room and popping them in my mouth straight from the bag!
But I digress…
These cookies, are much like regular Tollhouse’s regular chocolate chip cookie recipe, with the addition of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa added to the dry ingredients and the replacement of regular semi- sweet morsels by NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Sea Salt Caramel Filled Baking Truffles. I’m sorry to report that at the moment this little magical morsels are only sold at Kroger’s grocery stores. Now if you don’t have one of those near you, and you are absolutely jonesing for these cookies.. improvise! There are other candies available that have a caramel filling coated in chocolate- Rolo Mini’s for example would work!
However you get the job done is up to you, but one thing is undeniably certain: melt yourself some chocolate covered caramel morsels in to a chocolate cookie batter- PRONTO!
Double Chocolate and Sea Salt Carmel Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 11 oz NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Sea Salt Caramel Filled Baking Truffles
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir chocolate caramel morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are puffed and centers are set but still soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.