Jump to Recipe
It’s eggnog season, ya’ll – and don’t think we are gonna stop with the basic drink! Glazed Eggnog and Bourbon Holiday Quick Bread is a deliciously festive and absolutely PERFECT for gifting to family, friends and teachers this holiday! Suitable for dessert, breakfast, brunch or snacking – this sweet treat is what December is all about!
Please tell me I’m not the only mom that enthusiastically jumps out of the gate of the Holiday season with high hopes, grand intentions and lofty goals of perfection that will make THIS Christmas be the BEST. CHRISTMAS. EVER?!
Well, whether or not this is you, I will honestly confess that this is me.
Now please don’t misunderstand. Do I achieve even half of my ambitious objectives.. umm NOPE! But hey a girl can dream, right!?
Which is how I came across this recipe for Glazed Eggnog and Bourbon Holiday Quick Bread. I was looking for a quick bread recipe to make for every single of my kid’s teacher/school staff gifts. The quantity needed was FOURTEEN! Sure, this bread is indeed a quick bread, in that it doesn’t require the ingredient of yeast and its lengthy time requirement of rising. BUT fourteen of anything is a bit daunting, and with ALLLLL the other holiday undertakings…. you guessed it- I dropped the ball.
I did however manage to make 3 batches and kept one for my own family and HOT DAMN were they impressed!
Glazed eggnog and bourbon holiday quick bread with a rich velvety cake crumb, is full of warm spice and cheer. Perfect for dessert, snacking or a decadent breakfast on a chilly morning.
Drinking eggnog and holiday baking are both “December Checklist” bullet points, so why not kill two turtle doves with one piece of coal and use this recipe for a sweet treat that will make Santa and all his little Elves regal you with applause for being the craftiest Christmas cheer making momma on the block!
Glazed Eggnog and Bourbon Holiday Quick Bread
For Eggnog Bourbon Quick Bread
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup eggnog
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon bourbon
For the Eggnog Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons eggnog
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon bourbon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate medium bowl or electric mixer with paddle attachment, beat the sugar and oil, then the eggs one at a time, eggnog, vanilla extract, and bourbon
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined. Don't overmix. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. If top starts to brown too quickly, cover with aluminum foil to protect.
- When center is no longer jiggly and toothpick can be inserted and removed clean, bread is finished. Remove from oven and place pan on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Run knife along edges to loosen from pan and then remove from loaf pan. Continue to cool loaf on wire rack.
- When bread has cooled, make the eggnog glaze. In a small bowl or electric mixer with wire whisk attachment, whisk together powdered sugar, eggnog, vanilla extract, bourbon and nutmeg. Drizzle the glaze of the cooled loaf cake. Making sure to let glaze drip down sides for effect.