Jump to Recipe
Shredded, juicy and flavorful beef brisket couldn’t be easier! Gently braised in Slow Cooker, with onions, chipotle pepper, lime, garlic, tomato paste and spices. This tender shredded beef is perfect for making tacos, nachos, burritos or rice bowls! Sky’s the limit!
For the past year I have had a VERY strong affinity towards my Instant Pot. However, now that I am home ALL.THE.TIME. life has slowed down tremendously and I am finding the that my dinner preparation has also started taking a slower pace.
Last week, I dusted off my forgotten friend, the Slow Cooker, and relished in the beauty of “set and forget”. Perhaps most enjoyable was to smell the ascension of the mouthwatering aroma that permeated throughout my house as the hours of the day dwindled on. A poignant reminder that good things are coming.. just hold on.. good things are coming…
Ingredients in Slow Cooker Mexican Brisket
Chipotle Pepper in Adobo
Slow Cooker Mexican Brisket Uses:
This recipes yields a super soft and tender and shredded beef that is perfect for a variety of dinner options!
SLOW COOKER MEXICAN BRISKET IS PERFECT FOR:
I made burritos with our Slow Cooker Mexican Brisket!
Now I know that we are all working with ingredients we have on hand and limiting our runs the the grocery store right now. So are these picture perfect Beef Burritos.. umm no!
I would have liked to top with some Queso Fresco, guacamole, and cilantro. Perhaps maybe even a fancy slaw, as seen in this recipe for Chipotle Chicken Tacos with a Mango Lime Slaw, but I used what I had: lettuce, tomatoes, feta cheese, and a bit of salsa and had to call it a day!
And yet.. they were SO DAMN DELICIOUS!
Slow Cooker Mexican Brisket
- 3 lb brisket
- ½ onion
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo *canned
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1½ cup beef broth
- Combine onion, garlic, brown sugar, salt, chipotle pepper, tomato paste, lime juice in food processor. Blend, it will look like a salsa.
- Place brisket, fatty side up, in slow cooker. Add beef broth and liquid from food processor to slow cooker. Brisket will be three quarters covered, but not completely submerged.
- Set slow cooker to cook on low for 8 -10 hours, or sooner if the meat is fully cooked. Remove the brisket from the slow cooker onto a cutting board. Shred the meat, discarding any fatty inedible bits.
- Reserve some of the flavorful cooking liquid from the crock pot. Spoon over top when served as desired.