Roasted Salmon marinated in a spicy-sweet “hot honey”, soy, and ginger sauce is full of flavor and is so simple to prepare. Served with a winter citrus salad with a simple olive oil vinaigrette and pomegranate arils.
I LOVE a recipe for fish that I can easily roast in the oven, without having to compromise the beautiful caramelization and color that comes from searing a filet! This recipe is so simple and delicious, with just a little advance planning to marinate the salmon, dinner will be ready in no time at all! While the salmon is marinating, you can easily whip up a refreshing, colorful winter citrus salad to serve as a side.
Ingredients for Hot Honey Salmon
- Salmon: I leave the skin on, my kids love it! I usually portion the filets to about 7 oz (ca. 265 g) per serving. But you can choose to go up or down depending on your needs.
- Soy Sauce: To make this recipe GF, substitute Tamari
- Hot Honey: This is honey with a little kick to it. It’s a condiment that can be purchased at the grocery store OR you can quickly make your own at home (that’s what I did!) To make your own hot honey: combine 1/4 cup honey and 1 tsp red pepper chili flakes in a saucepan, small pot, or pan over medium heat. Gently heat the honey until you see small bubbles forming along the edges of the pan, then remove the pan from the heat. Let the honey infuse for 5 minutes, then strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Lemon Juice: fresh squeezed is preferred
- Ginger: Just about a one-inch knob, peeled and sliced to add to marinade.
- Garlic: 3 smashed cloves to add flavor to the marinade as well.
Ingredients for Pomegranate Citrus Salad
- Oranges: I like to use Cara Cara, because of their brilliant color and sweet taste. Navel will work well too.
- Grapefruit: Ruby Red is my favorite kind of grapefruit, but you could use pink or white as well.
- Pomegranate Arils: That’s the seedlike part of the pomegranate that is edible. Used for color and flavor.
- Olive oil, honey, lemon juice, salt, and pepper: Just whisk together to make a simple dressing to flavor the fruit.
Other Recipes You May Like:
Baked salmon fillets, stuffed with lump crab meat, fresh herbs, lemon zest, cream cheese, and spices. You will be shocked at how easy it is to make an impressive “restaurant-style” seafood entrée at home in less than 30 minutes!
Perfect for lunch or brunch as well as dinner, this super healthy citrus salad is bound to please everyone who lays their eyes on it! It’s love at first sight, but just wait till you take the first bite…
Hot Honey Salmon with Pomegranate-Citrus Salad
Hot Honey Salmon
- 1.5 lbs salmon about 4 filets
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Hot Honey (store-bought or *see note for homemade*
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 inch peeled fresh ginger sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic smashed
Winter Citrus and Pomegranate Salad
- 2 navel or Cara Cara oranges
- 2 ruby red grapefruit
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt to taste cilantro or mint leaves to garnish
- Hot Honey Salmon
- Whisk soy sauce, hot honey, lemon juice, ginger, and garlic together until the honey dissolves. Place salmon fillets, skin-side up, in the marinade. Allow marinating for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Remove salmon from the marinade and transfer to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Put the salmon under the broiler skin-side down, and broil without turning until the exterior is well-caramelized and the fish is just cooked through, 7-10 minutes, depending on thickness and the distance from the broiler.
Citrus Pomegranate Salad:
- Use a pairing knife to remove peep and pith from oranges and grapefruit. Cut the citrus into rings and set aside.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey, sea salt, and black pepper until smooth.
- Set the citrus slices decoratively on a platter, alternating between the colors of orange and grapefruit. Scatter the pomegranate over the top. Drizzle with the dressing and garnish with cilantro or mint.
2 thoughts on “Hot Honey Salmon with Pomegranate-Citrus Salad”
I will be making this salmon recipe tonight. Love your recipes, so delicious.
I hope you liked it!!!