I’ve been craving Indian food for so long and very rarely can I get my family to agree to go to an Indian Restaurant when we are trying to pick a place to eat for dinner. So I had to take matters into my own hands. This recipe for Lentil and Vegetable Curry is super simple and so very flavorful. I served it with a side of jasmine rice, but any grain would do.
My love affair with the Instant Pot continues, as this was a QUICK AND EASY interpretation of “Lentil and Vegetable Curry” that was whipped up in under 30 minutes. The kids really liked it! I know they love any excuse to eat Naan Bread, and that went perfectly with this comfy bowl of warm, fragrant spice.
Instant Pot Lentil and Vegetable Curry
- Pressure Cooker
- 1½ cups dried lentils
- 1 yukon gold potato diced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped to small florets
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Maharajah curry blend*
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1.5 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in the instant pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Natural release for 10 minutes before venting.
- Serve with rice naan bread a squeeze of lemon and cilantro or parsley