Jump to Recipe
A healthy Asian style noodle salad, served cold or room temperature. This easy recipe used gluten-free Soba Noodles and shredded carrots, sliced peppers, and broccoli florets tossed with a homemade creamy ginger almond butter Dressing. Garnish with crushed peanuts, sesame seed and cilantro for beautiful color and crunch!
Gluten Free, Healthy, Vegan, Balanced and Full of veggies!!
Did all your detoxing New Year Resolution goals just come true in one recipe!?
Yes, I do believe they did! Not only is this recipe healthy and perfect as a make ahead lunch, side salad for dinner, or even as the main course- but it is seriously GORGEOUS! Just look at all those colors!
First assemble the dressing by simply combining the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisking together. You will need:
Olive Oil- Grape Seed Oil and Avocado Oil are also nice oils for a salad dressing if you wanted to try something else.
Rice Vinegar- Also known as “Rice Wine Vinegar”. However please note that this is not the same as “Rice Wine”. If you do not have this vinegar, try substituting for apple cider vinegar.
Honey- Although you could use brown sugar or Agave Nectar if trying to keep Vegan.
Almond Butter- Or peanut butter or Sun Butter would work. Make sure you use creamy variety.
Soy sauce – Use Tamari Sauce if aiming to keep Gluten Free!
Fresh Ginger- minced finely
Garlic-Smashed, peeled and minced
Thai Chili Paste & Sriracha- for a little bit of spice and pepper flavor.
Lime Zest- brings a bright citrus note
Prepare Healthy Vegetables
This Soba Noodle Salad is totally customizable! For this recipe I used shredded carrots, steamed broccoli florets and sliced red bell peppers and chopped scallions. But if any of those vegetables are not of interest to you, feel free to replace with what you enjoy!
Other ideas might include: Asparagus, shredded cabbage, edamame, pickled onions, snow peas, sugar snap peas, or bok choy. This Soba Noodle Salad would also taste great with a grilled protein like chicken, steak, shrimp or tofu!
Boil Soba Noodles
Soba Noodles are made of buckwheat, Japanese noodle made from buckwheat flour and water. *If remaining Gluten Free is important for you be sure to double check the label, as sometimes a bit of whole-wheat flour is added to keep the noodles sturdier when cooked.
To cook, bring a large salted pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and stir. Let cook for about 3-5 minutes, double check that time according to you specific package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process and to remove some of the starch.
Combine and Garnish
This super simple Asian inspired side salad is totally done! Simple as 1-2-3!
Choose a large salad bowl and combine the soba noodles, ginger-almond dressing and vegetables. Toss to coat the noodles and vegetables throughly with dressing.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds, chopped cilantro and crushed peanuts to garnish. I also like to include a little wedge of lime to serve with each portion, because I just love a last minute squeeze on top! But I’ll leave that up to you!
If You Like This Recipe, Check Out My Other Asian Inspired Dishes:
Soba Noodle Salad with Ginger-Almond Dressing
Soba Noodle Salad
- 10 oz package of Soba Noodle or Udon or whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup bell pepper thinly sliced. red, yellow or orange
- 1 cup broccoli florets steamed, chopped, cooled
- ¼ cup scallions sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts for garnish
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 lime cut into wedges
Ginger-Lime Almond Dressing
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey or agave nectar to keep Vegan
- 3 tbsp creamy almond butter creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or Tamari to keep GF
- 1 tbsp ginger fresh, minced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp Thai Chili Paste
- ½ tsp lime zest
- Combine all ingredients together in mixing bowl, whisk to combine and set aside
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook Soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse briefly with cool water to remove the excess starch and stop the cooking. Remove excess water and then transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add carrots, broccoli, bell pepper, and scallions.
- Pour dressing over noodles and vegetables. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, cilantro, and sesame seeds and lime wedges. Serve room temperature or slightly chilled.