Jump to Recipe This smooth and creamy concoction of whipped avocados, sour cream, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and salt is the perfect accompaniment to your tortilla chips, tacos, or any Mexican-inspired dish.Jump to Recipe
Guacamole, the beloved Mexican dip, has become a staple at gatherings, parties, and even as a snack for one. It’s known for its creamy texture, vibrant flavors, and versatility. While traditional guacamole recipes are already delicious, there’s a way to take it to the next level – introducing Whipped Guacamole! In this blog post, we’ll show you how to create a creamy and luxurious guacamole using a food processor. With a handful of simple ingredients – avocados, sour cream, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and salt – you’ll be on your way to a dip that will elevate your tortilla chip game.
For this delightful whipped guacamole, you will need:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds, and ribs removed (adjust to your desired heat level)
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lime- (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- Prep the Avocados: Start by slicing each avocado in half, removing the pit, and scooping out the flesh into a bowl. Make sure the avocados are ripe, as they will be easier to whip into a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Prepare the Jalapeño: To add a touch of heat to your guacamole, use a seeded jalapeño. Remember to wash your hands thoroughly afterward, and avoid touching your face, especially your eyes.
- Gather the Fresh Ingredients: Wash the cilantro leaves and remove them from the stems. You’ll use only the leaves, as they provide a wonderful burst of fresh flavor. Add fresh lime juice to provide a zesty, tangy kick.
- Food Processor Time: Place the avocados, sour cream, chopped jalapeño, cilantro leaves, lime juice, and salt into a food processor.
- Blend Until Smooth: Secure the lid and blend everything until you achieve a smooth and creamy consistency. This process usually takes about 30 seconds to a minute. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a spatula to ensure everything is well combined.
- Adjust Seasoning: Taste your whipped guacamole and adjust the salt and lime juice to your liking. If you prefer it spicier, you can add more chopped jalapeño.
- Enjoy: When you’re ready to serve, provide a colorful array of tortilla chips or vegetable sticks for dipping. The creamy whipped guacamole will steal the show!
Tips and Variations:
- For a chunkier guacamole, you can pulse the ingredients in the food processor instead of blending continuously.
- Customize your whipped guacamole with additional ingredients like diced tomatoes, onions, or even a hint of garlic for extra flavor.
- If you prefer a vegan option, you can substitute dairy-free sour cream or Greek yogurt.
Whipped Guacamole is the epitome of indulgence when it comes to dips. This smooth and creamy concoction of avocados, sour cream, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and salt is the perfect accompaniment to your tortilla chips, tacos, or any Mexican-inspired dish. With just a few simple steps and a food processor, you can create a delightful party favorite that will have your guests begging for the recipe. So, whip up a batch and get ready to savor the rich, luxurious goodness of homemade whipped guacamole.
Creamy Whipped Guacamole
- 1 Food Processor
- 2 Avocados peel and pit removed
- ¼ cup Sour cream
- 1 Lime, juiced about ¼ to ⅓ cup – more depending on preference
- ¾ cup fresh cilantro stems removed
- 1 jalapeño large chop, without seeds and rib
- 1 tsp kosher salt or more to taste
- Add all ingredients to food processor. Process until very smooth and creamy. *You may have to scrape the sides with spatula about halfway through