This recipe for Roasted Haricots verts with Lemon and Feta is as easy as laying green beans on a sheet pan and squeezing a lemon! Roasted on a high heat, the little french green beans have a light crisp and the feta crumble with lemon gives a fresh and unexpected elegance, making them a perfect vegetable side dish for a special occasion.
Haricots verts is really just a fancy way of saying French Green beans, and it’s actually quite literal because “Haricot” means bean and “vert” means green in French.
Haricots verts are longer and thinner than American green bean varieties and tend to be more tender and have a more robust flavor.
I much prefer this green bean variety because they look so much more sophisticated than larger American green beans. They are perfect little side dish to balance out any dinner!
In this recipe I dressed the Haircots verts with just a squeeze of lemon, drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle of salt and crumbled feta cheese and roasted on high heat to cook and just barely blister the green beans. I love how simple this sheet pan side dish is!
If you like this recipe, check out some other Vegetable Side Dishes:
Roasted Haricots Verts with Lemon and Feta
- 12 oz haricots verts french green beans
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice half of a lemon
- 2 oz feta crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Lay haricots verts on a baking sheet
- Squeeze juice from ½ lemon over green beans, drizzle olive oil, sprinkle salt and crumble feta cheese
- Place baking sheet on upper rack of oven. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn heat to broil and bake for 2 minutes or less, keep watch to prevent burning! Serve hot along side main course. Enjoy!